RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 10:46 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

Well, I drilled the holes for my motor mount and test fitted the engine to the plane. The problem is the bolts rub against the side of the mount. I can put the two lower bolts in from the bottom. I do not have access to top two from behind, so I will have to sand a little of the mount to allow them to fit easier. I need to check the thickness in order not to weaken the mount.

I have also finished up mounting one of the servos in the wing. The left wing servo is mounted and the movement is almost perfect. I have to do a little more sanding to allow full upward deflection of the control surface. I will post pictures of that tomorrow after I have finshed the right wing. One the servos are in the wings, I will start to cover those parts of the plane. The fuse will wait.

Here are the pictures of the mounted engine. Notice that the top bolts are slightly in, I will sleep on how I want to deal with this tomorrow. Maybe use a long ratchet wrench to insert those bolts. Too tired to really think about it. I will post more pictures tomorrow. Here are the engines loosely fitted onto the fuese.

Lee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18569.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	294546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42006.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	294547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24215.jpg
Views:	158