RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 11:00 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

I have sanded the bolts for the engine mount. This was done by putting some electrical tape around the threads of the bolt for cushion and mounting the bolts in an electric drill. I then turned on my belt/disc sander combo and turned on the drill. The spinning drill made sure the bolt was evenly ground down and kept it perfectly round. I only took off about .5 mm of the bolt. As you can see the bolts still have enough around the hex to keep from breaking. The bolts now have enough clearance to go into the FW without rubbing against that sides of the engine mount. I have also fuel proofed the FW with thinned epoxy. I have also double checked the alignment of the cowl with the mark for the drive shaft. They lined up perfectly. I will probably cut the cowl tomorrow after I buy some more parts for the flying wires. I will be using fishing leader wire that is 250# test. Don't think I have to worry about the wire snapping, more like the connection to the plane. I will post pictures of the wire setup after I have completed the task. Price of a Sullivan kit $22, price of 30 feet of 250# leader wire (flexible steel 1x7) $3! The parts are just as cheap.

Here are some pictures of the bolts and the mark on the cowl.

That's all for now

Lee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58925.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	295438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28809.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	295439   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41680.jpg