RCU Forums - View Single Post - Risk Takers?
Thread: Risk Takers?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 04:58 PM
AndrewBomar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Risk Takers?

Show off is being used left and right. Its not showing off, .................. Its flying to your skill level. I know you will never be able to grasp this fact but try to accept it.
Not showing off?

Then why do some pilots find it neccesary to fly to their skill level dangerously close to people? The only people who would appreciate a pilots skill level are other pilots, and they can appreciate it from a safe distance.

I enjoy watching the guys at the field, but it makes me feel unsafe when they do it spitting distance from me. Everyone is caught up in how good they are, that they think they can do it safely. Sure, you trust yourself, but do you trust the stranger next to you? He could easily mess up right? Well, to him YOU are the stranger who could screw up.

To me its not a matter of accidents that have happened, its a matter of unessecary risk. Lets face it, the sport can be risky at times, especially when we start an engine, or reach down to adjust a needle. Why add another element of risk? especially one so easily avoided? And even if the numbers show it won't ad that much risk, could you honestly admit that you would feel comfortable in that pool? Common courtesy. Its one thing to increase personal risk, or risk to your own plane. But to add risk to other pilots or to spectators, that is absurd to think about.

Maybe DB is anti-3D, so what? Many people are against teen drivers. Sure, on paper teens have better eyesight than older people, and faster reflexes. But teens are more prone to take unnesecary risks. Same with 3D. You may have the skills it takes, but 3D presents opportunities to take risks in order to impress others and your own ego.