RCU Forums - View Single Post - Risk Takers?
Thread: Risk Takers?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Risk Takers?

Horrace,
Exactly what would you take as disciplinary action? To date the only thing you seem to have supported is physical violence between AMA members to salve your wounded pride. That is a heck of a way to run a railroad and one of the several reasons I stand committed to do whatever it takes to keep you from elected office. Your conflict resolution methods may work in your family, but I fail to see how they will be of value to the AMA and its membership.

Abel, the question is actually fairly simple. What is punishment? There is no defined punishment that has been discussed except expulsion. The issue has not been dropped but that question is being addressed. It turns out that creating a new disciplinary action on the fly will result in expensive legal action we all would rather not throw dues monies at. The AMA cannot make up the punishment on the fly, but like other organizations has to have the limits and bounds that are previously defined. Go back to the requirement put on the clubs to have a due process and disciplinary action to prevent additional expensive legal actions and use that as a starting place. From what I understand, the AMA EC is taking similar action for the exact same reasons but in a proactive member. Read that as closing the door on lawsuits before it gets opened.

Should that action already have been taken? Yes, of course and we all feel that way about everything after the fact.