RCU Forums - View Single Post - Risk Takers?
Thread: Risk Takers?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 03:18 PM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Risk Takers?

ORIGINAL: JohnW

Diplomacy... the art of saying "nice doggie" while you look for a larger stick.
Actually, much of the conversation in these AMA forums (undiplomatic) seem to just insult the other person more than find solutions or realistically address issues. Quite often the people throwing stones agree yet say it in ways that rubs salt in the other persons face thus an argument ensues.

The issue with the hovering in pits and such that Dave was reffered to was sort of dealt with on it's own. The issue came initially from competitors who did not like taking apart their aircraft and tents only to have to step back because of a hovering aircraft staring in their face.The people who did it got allot of heat from their pears. (pear pressure saves us from making a lot of rules). I doubt they will do it again. BUT it has surfaced several times in other situations. The problem is with anyone in an admistrative position, when you bite one offender where do you stop. To some degree we are all sinners and where each idividual draws the line is different. Dave cannot type 2 letters with out upsetting some one. Doesn't mean something shouldn't be done. Deciding what would be an apropriate couse of action would be good.

One of the bennifits to this forum is getting the word out that the "comunity" R/C field is just that. You can do things on your own land or on your own property that you just shouldn't do in a comunity environment. A comunity field is as much the next guys home as it is yours. At your own home you can hover an airplane 3 feet over your car. No problem. At a public R/C field, not a good thing. everyone has to come up with standards that work for everyone. The only way to do so is with some diplomacy. If we don't have diplomacy, then we'll just have to start adding rules till no one can do anything.

At least that's my take.

Gary