RCU Forums - View Single Post - Risk Takers?
Thread: Risk Takers?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Risk Takers?

Crash99-

I'm having a hard time understanding who you are defending your chosen aspect of the hobby from, other than DB of course. scanning back over this thread, I didn't notice anyone condemning 3D flying or showing off one's skills - if they are doing it without endangering the other pilots and spectators. As for me, I like 3D and I'm trying to learn how to do it myself. As for the macho crap (as opposed to skill), I could do without that. I don't have any strong objection to the macho displays, however, as long the risk falls on the guy doing it and his airplane, and not on me or others present. For those that need the thrill of putting others at risk, let them play William Tell with their wives and children and take apples off their heads with a 30 inch prop on a hovering 50 lb model airplane, on the other side of the runway. To those that feel compelled to vie for the Darwin Award, do your thing and I'll turn away quietly- but don't do it over my head or I'll do what it takes to stop you. And BTW, I'll be the judge of whether your actions present a hazard to me, not your self-assessment of your talent.

Abel