RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio range
Thread: Radio range
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2002, 02:53 AM
ebeygin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio range

4*60 ---> yes. that's the only plane.. i'm just building it now..I'm gonna practice on trainers that i'm hoping to borrow for a couple hours from the instructors.. and then the first flight on the four star i will ofcourse do with an instructor by hand... but a 4*60 is a very nice, stable bird.. so I shouldn't have TOO many problems.. considering I will practice on a trainer for a couple hours.. and all the sims training at home.. a lousy sim though.. FMS... not as good as real flight. but hey.. it's too ex*****ve.. i might try to get it free from the net.. but I had no luck yet

RKRAMER ----> go to wirelessvideocameras.com and take a look at their systems.. they have stuff ranging form 1 mile to 20 .. fun stuff.. I'll tell you what I know so far.. the transmitter doesn't have to get bigger and bigger.. the antennas do.. and specificaly on the reciever... i'm considering of getting one with a range of about 2-6 miles.. just to be sure that I always have good quality footage.

LQUAN ---> You can get all that stuff and put it on your plane.. meaning a GPS module.. which has altitude readings.. and direction. All the gyros and sensors don't weigh that much.. an extra pound maybe.. not sure.. go to this page.. (bordelon.net/freespace) they have a wicked RPV that is controled from a laptop.. and gives a lot of flight data.
I don't think I'm gonna get into any lawsuits.. since firstly, I live in canada.. and our laws are not as stringit as yours.. we can much more power to play with.. second.. if it requires a license, i'll get it.. not a problem