RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

I haven't been too motivated to work on the plane, but I did start working on the flying wires and one wing. I have drilled holes for the flying wires for the tail feathers. I am trying to work out a good way to use the fishing leader wire for the wires. My first try was OK, but I think I will go a different rout. I will post when I am satisfied with the results.

I have also hinged and covered the bottom half of the left wing. Worldtex/Solartex is great stuff. I hinged the control surface with a combination of Gorilla glue, Epoxy and CA (don't ask) . I covered the leading and trailing edge of the control surface and the wing and attached the control surface to the wing. I then finished covering the bottom half. I started working on the right wing, but the beers started to kick in so [], I thought better of working anymore tonight. Here are the pictures of the finished wing. I do know that this covering will be an expensive endeavor. I used up a 2 meter roll on the bottom half of the wing and the bottom half of the center section. At this rate I will have used two rolls just to do the bottom of the wing and cover the top and bottom of the center section . This good deal on a plane will still cost me a little bit of money. Oh, well, all that the wife knows is that everything cost $50!!!![:-].

That's all for now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74157.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	299315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52725.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	299316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38661.jpg
Views:	126