RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought R40 have questions
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 01:25 AM
stanmart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought R40 have questions

I just bought and R40. I now need and engine i have some questions

1. I want to be able to run in a stock type class. What is a good solid reliable engine that isnt going to break my wallet and is fairly fast? I have two tracks near me. in the orlando area. What is typically accepted as far as engine types at tracks? I heard something about 3 port motors. Dont know what this means. I know the exhaust has restrictions as well. I want to race in a lower class. Definatly not and outlaw type. Been while!

2. What are the essentials for racing a nitro? What i mean is what do i need as far as general parts. In electric i needed extra batteries, tires etc. Not sure with nitro. Im a noob. I know i need a glow starter. What are the glow plugs?

3. I have and old Futaba Magnum PCM 1024 radio. Guy i bought the r40 from said this radio will be plenty sufficiant. The radio is in mint shape. Perfect working order. Has fast servos too even though there older. Back in its day was one of the better ones to buy. Is there any specific rules as far as radios go typically with racing now a days? Years ago I bought this radio to avoid interference with other radios. Seemed to work great back then. Dunno though.

4. What kind of matienence am i looking at with Nitro engines? I know the cars get dirtier then electrics so they need to be cleaned. How long if properly maintaned will these engines run well for? I plan on running this car in races only. Or at a track. Probably do my practicing with a simulation.

5. Is there a specific type of fuel that will help these engines last longer and run faster?

5. What kind of body type will i need? I want to run touring cars. Im a huge viper fanatic. Is this considered a touring body?

6. Setups. Where are some good places to learn how to setup these bad boys.

7. Last. Tires. What kind of tires work well on smooth asfault?

I have alot of tools etc. So im covered there. I even have a really nice RC tool box as well.

Thanks