RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought R40 have questions
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:14 AM
stanmart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought R40 have questions

Why buy something thats not competition if i plan on racing though? I looked at lower line cars but this one is already assembled and just needs and engine. Guy ran it once. I think for the money this is a nice car for racing. I could have bought a mugen or serpent but there pricey. Mugen was really expensive. I think this car with the right aftermarket parts could be just as effective as either of those. Plus the R40 is supossed to be fairly durable. Which is a plus. Im going to spend alot of time playing RealRace G2 and Virtual RC and get fast there. Virtual RC seems like a good practice tool. After i get solid with those the i will take the car to the track and practice for real. Ive raced before with electrics. On road and off. Used to do fairly well. Basically i need to learn how to deal with nitro motors and care for them. It will be a nice change to not have to worry about batteries. I hated that about racing electrics. But nitros have their own issues. But from some of the abuse ive seen these guys give their dirt cars in the videos section and they still run. Im not too worried. I will have clean air filters and good fuel.

This car will not see a parking lot unless im racing in it. One of our local hobby stores has races in their parking lot. But im sure they sweep it.

What makes it the wrong car? Am i missing something? Hope not. Ack!

So nitroboy suggested the .12 OS engine. Seems right in my price range. Seems like a good starter motor for me. I might go with this. I need to get a nice tuned pipe for it. Been looking at those as well. Belts i will definatly stock up on. Im sure these can wear out from time to time. Luckily the place im going to race at has a store right next to it. So if i break something i have access to get replacement parts. They carry alot of HPI stuff. Setting the car up will take some time to get down. I will have to research that more. From what ive seen on videos my competition is going to be very tough when i start racing. I need to have my stuff together if i want to place.

Nobody commented about my Futaba Magnum 1024. You guys heard of this radio? Its pretty old. You young cats were probably just little tikes when this radio was out. It was a solid transmitter for the time though. Probably upgrade later on.

I might get a Savage later on too. Those extreme jumping vids i was watching got me thinking. heh They look like alot of fun.