RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Beginers Guide to RC.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: A Beginers Guide to RC.

The Next star is the glow powered RTF, right? That comes with a radio, so you have a radio.

You need servos, an receiver battery and a receiver. You can use an 8 channel reciever with a 2 channel radio. Non-issue.

Based on your note, the Cessna needs 4 channels on th radio. R/E/T/A I presum. 5 servos implies that you will have two of the servos on a Y connector going into one channel on the receiver. Most likely the aileron servos. They are probably too far apart for one servo to drive the ailerons, or you need the extra torque of one servo per aileron.

When you connect them you will have to mount them in such a way that they move opposite each other and you will have to trim them mechanically on the plane. You can not use the reverse feature on the radio to reverse one of them.

The alternative is to get a computer radio, which is what I recommed for everyone, and put the two ailerons on their own channel.

Low cost choices would be Hitec Flash 5SX - $159 with servos, receiver and bat
or the Futaba 6EXAS for about the same.

You can look at them at www.towerhobbies.com search on Futaba 6exas and flash 5SX

If you have the bucks, then the Futaba 7C and the Hitec Optic 6. With servos and receivers these would be around $240 I think.

Hope that helps.

ORIGINAL: Aiyura

So, I am new. This question will make that clear.

I have 2 trainers. NexStar and a Cessna 182.
The Nexstar came fully loaded.
The Cessna I had to assemble. Which is going great.
I am now at the point where I need to purchase the radio. My question:
It says it needs "4 channels, 5 servos".

I am confused by this. If I purchase a 4 channel radio, a 5 channel receiver. Will that work?
help.....

Thanks all