RCU Forums - View Single Post - So there I was... (post your funny crash stories here)
Old 07-23-2005, 09:37 AM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So there I was... (post your funny crash stories here)

My un-funny story starts out like Joe's. I was on the second flight of a new Venus. I had flipped over to high rates and was having a blast and lost track of time. I came smokin in low over the run-way after a shallow dive and the engine quits right in front of me. I should have just let it run out and take the long walk, but paniced and got it turned back toward the runway. the turn used all the momentum and I stalled it. I had enough altitude to destroy the fuse but not enough to fly out of it. That was a hard lesson learned.
That plane was so fun to fly, the Senior, 4*40, and Simple 400 were now obsolete. Didn't fly much after that. Then I took out the 4* recently, doing touch and goes. Man I was rusty! My usually trusty engine flames out on a go around and I flash back to the Venus crash. So I let it run out this time and land in the high weeds. It looses it's landing gear, but it was an easy fix.
I'm all amped to get flying again, but the wind has been crazy here. Super blustery and gusty for tha last week.
I'm real tempted to get another Venus.
MikeB