RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbonfiber byron mustang blades
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 03:11 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Byron Prop blades

Hello Roberto, Thankyou for getting back to me with your reply. It sounds like you have a great deal of experience with composite materials and that is exactly what we need here. You stated you have a Byron Reduction system so you know what the blades look like on the system that was used on the P-51. There could also be a possible market for the Curtis style blades that are used on the Byron Hellcat and Corsair with the three blade system and also the four blade prop that was used on the P-47.
All of these blades were made of the same Nylon/plastic type of material and all of them flatten out pretty bad when you turn them at high speed. With Formula I experience you should have a great background on dealing with stress and it's effects on cpmposite material. In the original forum there were five or six different people that expressed a great deal of interest in obtaining carbon fiber blades and all of them were Mustang owners. The Others have not responded yet but then the title of the forum was not directed at any of the other planes that might benefit from the new improved prop blades. If any of you Byron owners out there are interested then respond and let's see if we can give Roberto the incentive to build us all a new set of prop blades. Thanks Roberto!

Jack Devine