RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbonfiber byron mustang blades
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Roberto B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbonfiber byron mustang blades

Well, you people have conviced me.
Next week I will begin the work on the Byron blades.
Meantime, it could be useful for everybody to find someone of you that could act as "importer" so to keep the shipping cost to a minimum.
I don't think that the price could be lowered at all, since the mold is very little and not so expensive, and the working time on a blade set remains unchanged no matter how many blades I have to produce.

About a quarter scale P51 prop: 33.5" is quite an impressive value.
I suppose that:
1)A well engineered reduction unit has to be designed and manufactured.
2)The power needed to move such a propeller is much more than the one that usually a scale fun is used to and have at hand at the moment.
3)The overall cost of such a project (including the propeller) is supposed to have an HUGE increase compared to the 1/5 scale system (also because the all engineering and testing costs could be divided on a littler market).
4)I don't know actually any kit this size available on the market.

Anyway, I would really love to have a quarter scale Mustang (what could be his wing span?).

But all the work needed to let this model possible is out of my will, now.
The only thing I could do is to cooperate with someone else in the designing/production of the parts.
It would be nice if some of you could have a solid project I could be interested in. (I'm now thinking that such a model could be worth to be made all in composite, just like the -now out of production- P51 Fiberclassics, but that's another story...)

It's 0.35 a.m. now here. It's time to sleep.

Let me know your toughts.

Roberto Bracchi
www.modelcompositi.com