RCU Forums - View Single Post - help with balancing nexstar
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 10:51 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help with balancing nexstar

Tony
You are correct in saying that the nexstar really likes to climb past half throttle, and I can see someone who is not familiar with the Plane thinking it may be a balance issue when it is not. Also, I don't believe the ARF version of the Nexstar has been out on the market very long, so it is easy to see how many may not yet know it exist. I actually just came across it one day when browsing around on the "KING" Tower website not long ago. Up to that point I was only aware of the select version myself. All the ones who have showed up at the club with one have been the select version. I don't fly mine much, and just basically bought it because I thought it looked neat for a Trainer. I did take the airbrakes off, and did have to have to readjust the elevator because the darn thing wouldn't even come up off the field once the brakes were removed. It seemed to help with its tendency to climb so hard past half throttle, and also sped the Plane up quite a bit. If I was just starting out, I would leave the brakes on though till I got used to the Plane even though other Trainers do not have the Brakes or the Droops at all.