RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought R40 have questions
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 07:55 PM
stanmart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought R40 have questions

Ok im gonna spend a little extra and get the good one. Dont want to get something not good.

I will go over to kissimmee when i get my car this week. Id like to try out the car there after i break in the engine.

Got my viper GTS body all done. I screwed up on the wing but the body looks great. I painted the wrong side of the wing. LOL. The body didnt come out quite as perfect as i wanted. I had a tiny bit of bleed on one side of the flames but it still looks very good. I thought for sure the masking was perfect. Its hard to get the tape flush everywhere. But it still looks way better then anything else ive painted. I will buy another body later and try again. The wing kind of ticked me off though. Hopefully i can buy another one from Superior Hobbies. Then it will look almost perfect. I picked a Florescent Orange and Blue. I wanted some thing darker in the back to show the flames and something bright in the front so i can see it on the track. heh

I got almost enough to get the engine. I gotta get the exhaust too though. Yikes. Expensive. Air Filter, Fuel and one servo as well. I need a throttle servo. Guy told me my old futaba PCM would work just fine for racing.

Thanks for the info on Waterford Lakes. Thats really close to me. I will have to take a ride down there one evening and test out my skills or lack there of.