RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tell me what you know about glow plugs!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Tell me what you know about glow plugs!

Jaka- as far as your opinion that ALL o.s. problems stem from the user, I suggest that you do a bit of research on the o.s. 70 Ultimate- a real lemon. These things were so consistantly bad, that they have stopped selling them for the time being while they work their problems out. Tower lists them as "Temporarily Unavailable", and Hobby Services replaces them no-questions-asked. Laker500 could very well have a legitimate complaint here. I have also heard that the FL70's reputation is less than stellar.

Laker500, it looks like between the two of us, we both bought the only real junk that O.S. has ever put out- I for one believe that fourstrokers should not be ABC (or whatever the FL70 is). But don't let that turn you off from O.S. entirely. I have an FS52 Surpass and an FS91 II fourstroke, and they are both excellent motors. I also own a Saito 82, and that thing is a monster. Try the Saito 72 if you want a similar displacement- or, if you want a real powerhouse that is actually lighter than the Saito 72, go with the 82. Bit longer breakin process than an O.S., but I'm grinnin'!

Life is too short for bad motors.