RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig LT-25 conversion
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Rod
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig LT-25 conversion

Tailspin, I have been flying my LT - 25 for three years now on electric power. It is built pretty well as a stock LT. I have used a MEC Turbo 10 + with a 6:1 MEC gear box on 10 cells. Also have tried out an Astro 05G FAI (std. 2.38:1) on 10 cells (too much battery). I find that the MEC T 10 + with 10 Panasonic 3000mah NiMH cells driving an 11 x 7 MAS Electric prop is the best all round combination. I have used a 12 x 8 MAS E prop on the MEC, and while performance is a little better, battery consumption goes way up. With this combo mine weighs 80 oz.
A frienf has flown his LT-25 on a Magnetic Mayhem with a 3:1 MAS gear box and 2200 NiMH (Radio Shack) batteries. It flies fine with a little lesss performance than my MEC T 10 +.
I have seen the LT fly on a MEC GT, Aveox 1409 --belt drive and a number of other 250 and up watt motors.
The LT does not need a lot of power to fly it, unless you want to try and make it into a quasi Aerobatic type (which it is not).
Somewhere on the Web I have seen one powered with a Hacker Brushless, and vertical takeoffs were the order of the day. The LT is a draggy type of model and flown as a Trainer type with basic stunt manoevers is a great plane.