RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: Fastlif

I vote for a thread on the plane, and nothing but the EF plane and what nots of info on just the plane. Not the debates that go on here. RCU should step in and scrub this thread, yeah yeah, I know, there is some good info on here, but that was like 70 pages ago, and try to find it with no search capability.
The drama that goes on now here is totally useless to someone trying to learn, setup, or gain info specific to "JUST this plane"!

I think it would do the RC community and Chris a favor if this thread was just about the plane, not TOC, ripoffs, what ifs, China, local meets, the weather and if winny the poo really likes honey! Flame all you want, but look in the mirror to see if you contribute to the swamp of useless bickering.

I finally got my hands on one of these airplanes and I try to come here to gain info or see setups, or whatever and its a joke.

I agree with the above.

i am as guilty of stoking the debate as anyone, I brought up the rejects months ago, when I stumbled upon one. Nothing will change until the US imposes it's copyrigt laws as prerequisite for importation of it's products. And the lobbyists will make sure that don't happen.

Until eveyone get righteous , and only buys American (yeah right), this will happen with unregulated manufacturers in offshore industries.

As far as rights to the aircraft Manu's...warbirds should be exempt, we paid for their development with taxes. The rest, pay up. It's only right, or you can't gripe about 'stolen " designs. Of course I think the publicity of a model would help the 1:1 ..I think. Yakolev has seen a spike in interest since the 54 became in vogue. I know , I looked at a 1:1 and spoke with 2 used plane dealers, who couldn't understand the interest until I said was a modeler.

We need a EF Yak-54 thread or site (ahem...Shutupandfly) with all the tips, mods and suggestons garnered from this thread. Everyone of them, even the ones some people don't like, just for parity.

When I go to finish mine, I will look for it. We can hit each other over the head here.