RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: stomper

ORIGINAL: WaPilot

It costs money to produce a new product....machine....materials...train people....
My opinion factory didn't steal his money...you don't pay 100% money up front before the product is delivered to you. If you do...big mistake. Many cases 15% up front and the rest when the product is at the port ready to ship. Chris may had it differently.
Very few people knows the real story. I don't either......so I'll drop it.
My tail is still crooked... cowl was cracked when I received it... carbon tail gear is delaminating...3 of nuts holding the landing gear bracket was loosed......looks like this shipment wasn't 100% right either. []
Speaking of crooked tail....does anyone remember where Chris posted how to fix this?
Here you go > http://extremeflightrc.com/productio...7Yak54_fix.htm
Be careful about that fix method! It may be true that some stabs were actually installed wrong, although I doubt it, considering the planes were built in a Jig. And if the jig was wrong, then there must have been several jigs wrong, because no one's fuses were twisted exactly the same amount or even in the same direction!
I checked mine and absolutely verified that the stab tub was perfectly purpendicular to the vert fin, while the wing tube was not inline with either. It is a simple case of a fuse twist as a result of the planes being covered while off the jig and the covering pulling the fuse in all sorts of different directions. I posted my 25 minute fix here somewhere and the fuse is still true. just do a search for "stab fix", "wrinkles" , or "twisted"...