RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
AnthonyH
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

My build is complete I bought it used from a club member. He got it from a family member in Indiana. It has a G-38 on it. All I had to do was install radio and patch some hangar rash. It needs a recovering job done on it, but I decided to just get her flying for now. I have a Robinhood on the build table right now and once it is finished I will strip the Spacewalker down and recover it. There are some other issues with it that I may address as well. It is a clipped-wing Spacewalker...it has a one-piece 92" wing with built-up tips. The servos are mounted in the center of the wing and uses dowel pushrod out to a bellcrank that goes to the aileron horn. That setup has a little slop so I will move the servos out like you have in your pics here. The gear is not scale either. It is aluminum dural gear mounted to the fuse just in front of the wing. I will probably change it back to the 3-piece wing with the scale gear and use aluminum wing tubes instead of the brackets that came with the kit. I will get some pics of her tonight and post them. Servos I am using are hs475hb on rudder and ailerons and a hs645mg on elevator.