RCU Forums - View Single Post - who is the youngest HELICOPTER flyer?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 01:10 AM
corey19981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who is the youngest HELICOPTER flyer?

no upgrades, put a bit of wire skin on the metal rod that you hang the canopy on so it doesn't keep falling off. (before I'd be in flight and the canopy would fall off). one of my grand-uncles owns 3 electrical shops and 2 model shops. we went up there and I was telling him how rubbish the battery was and that I wanted to know the price for some lithium ones. because he's 62 he kind of thinks everyone doesn't know anything (if yah know what I mean) and he said that it's a bad idea because they can explode if over charged. this is true, however I know better, and I already knew that they can explode after reading up on it. so now I'm stuck with the old useless batterys. err I can't tell you what type it is because the heli is in the garage, and the garage isn't' attached to the house, and therefore I'm not going out in the freezing cold with just a dressing gown and pants on..
also, I'm thinking of getting some carbon fibre blades (not new, just off ebay or something) and putting them on the heli so I can fly it outside in stronger winds. the motor doesn't get hot. I have felt all the electronics in there and they are all cool, except for the battery. and now I'm going to have to go and get an elastic band to hang it on, since the battery melted it. what I do, is I'll charge one battery in fast charge, then when it's ready, I'll fly it, and whilst I'm flying the first one, I'll have the second one on charge, and so on. also, I've read up how fast charges are supposed to take 30 mins??!! when I do it, it takes around 5 mins. I have tried putting it on trickle charge all through the night also. there is no difference between flight time. also, I have a third battery, which gives me about 10 seconds flight time most. I tested it on a voltometer (my dad has an electric shop too) and one of the batterys is dead. went up to adrian (my uncle), got a new one, and then I soldered it onto the rest of the batterys. I have also made another battery pack with brand new batterys. the new battery pack is slightly more flight time ( about 7 - 8 mins) and the third battery pack is now giving me about 5 mins.