RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sword 2M pattern plane
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 04:52 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sword 2M pattern plane

So far, I have the thrust line drawn on the firewall. Since I am not going to use the stock mount, I am waiting until I can figure out how to mount a nose ring to use with Budd Engineering mount for YS 140.

Landing gears may be substituted with Bolly or Matt K's landing gear, or ES design landing gear (not sure on ES, but I think I saw them) or from Icepoint?
I know that the stock gears are heavy, but still can make 11lb limit.
I will try to measure the distance from firewall to the front end of the cowl.

Hey, Chuck!

Did you get yours?
I am getting another one for my shop even though I have not started building it yet.

Horizontal stab mounting dowels are not at the same position so the incidences on two horizontal stabs are different.
I will have to check the diameter of the Gator stab tube again, because it did not fit in the stab halves.
I am not sure if GatorRC will sell the adjusters only. I just don't want to use the adjusters out of my Gator stab kit.

My wing halves are curved at leading edges. Not much, but it is visible when you look at the leading edges from side. It's like >>> ~
Hope it doesn't cause much problem.

I am going to use the stock canopy with air exit on the back end of the cabin. I am not really sure if I am going to tint it since it won't handle the heat very well.

Mintor 170 or OS 160 surely will haul this bird out of sight. I may try a muffler with my Webra 160 since the tuned pipe may not fit within the tunnel.

Attached are the wing joint that goes on to the first bulkhead. I may add carbon fiber between the two wing halves.

I am also thinking about glassing the center section of the wing.

Fuel tank is not located on CG, so a littlbe bit of surgery is necessary.

I will equip the plane with following
1x JR 770 PCM receiver.
2x 8411 converted to 8411SA for Rudder (pull-pull) & Elevator (bellcrank)
2x 9411SA for Ailerons
1x JR or Hitec micro for throttle, double this if using Webra 160.

Battery pack depends on CG and final weight.

I will put more pictures when I start building the Sword.

Later,

Ihncheol Park
P & A Hobbies

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70555.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	304769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88298.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	304770