RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 08:57 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??

Hey Mikey!

i have an opportunity to pickup a showtime NIB for a very good price. Two of my flying buddies have the Showtime and have let me fly them. I was extremely impressed with how it flew!! I would love to pick one up, but I dread the thought of going back to a large glow plane....I hate the mess and hassle of glow engines. I've been flying 100cc gassers almost exclusively (most recently a Carden Extra 330) and have been spoiled.

Then I saw the new Evolution 26 gasoline engines and that got me goin "hmmm!". The evo seems comparable in weight(within a couple oz.) of a saito 180. It seems to me that with the right equipment, I should be able to keep the ST right around (and maybe with luck under) 10lbs. Both of the glow-powered ST's I've flown were right at 9lbs. (one with a saito 100 that really needed a little extra "oomph", and the other with an OS 1.08 that felt decently powered).

So my question to you, oh great and mighty one (), is do you think the little evo gasser would be a good (even if not ideal) match for the ST? How much of an impact do you think the extra pound of weight will make on a plane this size? Would the wing loading be increased to a point that 3D performance would start to suffer?

Your thoughts are appreciated.