RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage .25 v.s. Revo
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:02 AM
tzque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage .25 v.s. Revo

I am willing to have this debate as long as you and I remain adults . The purpose in the 4.6 is first you get to build your truck , which is where this hobby began . I have a wild will Clod grass hopper . It allows true hobbiest the opportunity to still build their trucks and new hobbiest to learn the hobby from the ground up . Secondly the 4.6 comes stock with all of the upgrades that HPI had at the time , that alone makes it worth the money thirdly it represented the company joining the bigger big block movement . The 28 has proven to be a very reliable motor with a pretty even power band . Alot of people buy trucks throw big motors into them and complain that they keep breaking parts . The 4.6 came ready to handle the power of the 28 . that why in the end its a bargain. HPI gives you the option to buy the 4.6 its not there only offering . You can not build your revo .
I really dont consider the Revo a MT it to me is more like a truggy . It does what it does very well and will beat the savage on the Track . As far as bashing there is no comparison . A revo is stock for will not out bash a savage when pushed to the extreme . The revo is definitley an improvement as for as toughness out of the box compared to a Tmaxx but its still no savage .
In the end I either own or drive everything except for OFNA MT and I like them all for different reasons . My basher are My savage and MGT . Whe n I want to use a more well rounded truck , handleing and light bashing , I grab a revo or my brothers LST .
Finally I own a 67 coronet, 13.2 79 T/A and a hurst olds , I like modern cars almost bought the WRX , but nothing beats the thumbs up i get when driving in one of my old cars .