RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 02:11 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 4D and Evo 26 gasser??

Mike,

I'm gonna have to chime in here.....I love the design of the plane....love the way it flies....but the Saito 100 leaves much to be desired in the plane. To fly pattern....yes it does that very well....but to 3D with a Saito 100 is unrealistic. I've tried running both a 15x6 and a 16x4 with not much of a difference in power. RPM's are about the same on the ground...around 9200, the 16x4 unloads more in the air. In a hover there is little to no power left for pullout. To waterfall it barely pulls through. Anything verticle pretty much sucks. I am very disappointed in the performance with the recommended engine. I don't really know where to go from here. Anything bigger and the weight increases exponentially, and that in turn is gonna kill the flight performance accord to your comment earlier in the thread. A y.s. 110 weighs in at close to a .5 lb more than a saito 100 and the saito 150/180 along with the mvvs gasser comes in at over a pound more. So where is a person to go without blowing past the recommended weight on this plane? Because as mine sits now with a Satio 100 in it....it's already 8lbs 12 oz.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Neo