View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sword 2M pattern plane

Astro

I just measured the front of the cowl.
Guess what? the cowl is not perfectly round If I measure horizontally, it is around 81.5mm, vertically 79mm.

So, the spinner will be 3" Tru-turn standard with 120 slot. However, I have not measured the length of the fuse yet.
If you are going to use standard spinner like I do to save $$, adjust the engine mounting distance accordingly.

Chuck,
With the weight of the Mintor 170 ( I heard it weighs about the same with 160FX), I think you made a right choice.
I am still going to try the stock gear since it is already there with 3 drilling points marked from factory.

What radio gears are you going to use?
I will set it up with 8411SAs for Elevators & Rudder. Hitec 225 for throttle. JR 700 or 770 receiver with 1600mAh NiMH pack.
I have not decided with servo to use. I have 2x 8311, and some others. I was planning to use Futaba 9150, but they are too wide.
A standard servo will fit in the servo box in the wing, but will protrude from the mounting flange.
Gotta figure out what to do.

Also, Have you checked the balsa used for sides of the fuselage?
I think it is around 1/16" balsa and too soft.

Looks like I will end up pouring the foam safe CA to the inside of the fuse. Any other idea?

How about the wing center? glass?

Yes, the wing joiner is short. my wing joiner is 17 and 3/16" long and the wing joiner hole is 17 and 10/16"
So, mine is about 7/16" short. How come you and I have almost 2" difference in the length?

Also, check the wing to see if yours have slight ly curved leading edges like mine.

If you can measure the weight of each basic components, maybe we can compare how different they come out.

Later,

Ihncheol Park