RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would it be wise to attempt to scratch build a 2nd plane from a kit?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would it be wise to attempt to scratch build a 2nd plane from a kit?

I guess the message, was edited that I was refering too,now.I know what the poster was asking for, and the first reply, I think was mis-interpeted by the replier.HE thought,the original poster wanted to make an entire plane from,glueing bits, and pieces together ,from the same kit. Such as 4-5 bits to make ,one piece,like a former....Whoever LIGHTFOOT is,you`ve started unnessary conflict here, by changing that reply,so that it could NOT be read as originally written, and to how it was actually responding too ,the question at hand..THE person replying,gave his oppinion on an entire build,in this manner, from 1 kit .I believed his response to be correct,in not to build a complete plane like this from the scraps of a SINGLE kit alone.I personally will make a part, from, one piece ,of, left-over material,too.But , something like;1/4"x 4 pcs. to make a 1" square,part,GET OFF the POT,man. Show me, the guy that will take the leftovers of,One kit ,and,for example; glue,3pcs.to make 1 rib; 5pcs. to make a former; 6 pcs.of 1/2 "x1/2 sqr. of various lengths, and glue those pieces together ,and make a main spar for a wing. If you think you can get a second airplane built out of a single kit,and it`s going to be a quality aircraft equal to its twin.I still think you`d be making,a BIGGER piece of CR@P,from lots of smaller pieces of CR@P and you`ld end up with,S4!t. Do you still honestly,think,that you`ld build in this way??IF so, then I now know,who`ld glue S4!T together,, I hope that you now understand, where MY response was coming from, and why I would make a statment like that...HAVE a NICE day DAVID J. BRONK
quote:

Not,to glue bits and pieces of scraps together, and then make parts from CR@P!! WHO in their RIGHT mind ,would do that???? Personally, I don`t know,but I am curious, both about who`ld glue S4!T together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------