RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk About Servos
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 01:37 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Let's Talk About Servos

Both the 8411 and 8611 would be overkill, but it just depends on what you want to spend etc. For the money given the choice between the 8411 and 8611 I would go with the 8611. Current draw wise, it is possible for the 8611 to draw more power at stall, however in that size plane that should never be an issue with either servo, so current draw would be similar, possibly the 8611 could be slightly less since it would have more torque for a given amount of power and draw less due to that since you aren't working the servo as hard due to its capability being higher. However I have used the 9411 in many 50 cc size aircraft on elevator and ailerons (Double Vision, H9 Extra 260, Planes Plus 27% Extra, etc) and they have worked very well for me. For battery for that size aircraft I would recommend around 2000 mah or higher for a respectable amount of flights per charge. The larger mah pack you use, the more flights you can get per charge, the upper limit being bound by weight of the battery. I've used many Nimh and Lithium ion batteries with great results.