RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:47 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

I personally have no beef with the naysayers, but this is not going to get easier for us and as some go about planning events for the next year we are going to run into more and more difficulties. I have talked to some event organizers who agree that when it is a choice for federal agencies to say "yes" with some paperwork, or "no" without it, the answer will always be "no".
We may have more luck working with local EAA groups who could help us with "partial closure" or leaning on the local FAA folks who could be lenient. THe AMA is going to have to address this situtation and "telling the masses" to remain quiet is not the way handle it. In my profession, if you find a cancer you don't ignore it and hope that it goes away, you bring in as many experts as you can find to figure out a way to attack it and suppress in hopes of saving the patient.
In other threads we have denied that this was going to happen, or that it was only going to affect OMJ, but as has been seen it probably is not gong to stop there...[:-]
Tommy