RCU Forums - View Single Post - V-Mar F-4 - First Opinion out of the box...
Old 08-19-2005, 01:25 PM
MadScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V-Mar F-4 - First Opinion out of the box...

I have a freind who bought one, and I got a really good look at it on the ground and in flight. We were looking at this plane as a possible bird for our formation team, so one of our team members picked this plane up to check it out. He had only seen the plane through some ads and bought it sight unseen.

Both the view from the ground up close, and the view of the plane flying didn't do too much for any of us. The quality in fit and finish, the quality of materials, glue joints, etc. all were sub par. Lots of cheap plastic parts adorn the fuse and wings, which make the overall look of the plane kind of cheap. In the air it flew OK I guess, but not like a good fast propjet should. It would make an OK slow sport flyer for some, but making the long sweeping turns and monster size loops that you want this plane to do for you is just not there for this plane.

The cockpit and pilots are HUGE in comparison to the plane, which throws off the otherwise scale look to the plane. I think for your money there are many other better planes out there that fit the bill of a scale propjet.

I picked up the Cermark F16 a few weeks ago, and THAT is a good plane. Just put that plane side by side up against the Vmar and start compareing- it blows Vmar away.

So, first opinion for me, out of the box for the Vmar? Put it back in the box and stick it on ebay.