RCU Forums - View Single Post - 10X Is this PCM lockout?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X Is this PCM lockout?

Hi Guys,
Trying to help my buddy out, he just got a NIB 10X off RCU, and set it up into a new plane, with a receiver that was out of a plane that has flown one season with no problems on S-PCM with his 8103. He's using the module from the 8103 in the 10X. Airplane is set up on 6 volts with Futaba servos, (also tried 4.8) and here is the problem:
While setting up the elevators, going thru full throws in his garage, the servos seemed to hang up, momentarily while returning to neutral. The problem is very intermittent, sometimes hard to duplicate, but when it acts up, you can cycle the stick, and nothing. The servos are also energized, which leads me to believe that it's locking out due to drop in signal, or interference nearby of some stray sort. We also have seen this on the rudder. (Tail servos are digital, and like new, used on my plane with no problems)
Rudder pull-pull is Kevlar, 2 extensions run down the fuse for the elevator servos. No metal to metal contact anywhere. DA-50 was from previous plane, also never any sign of problems. The only component different is the 10X, which is the new item in the equation. My suspicion is the 10X is having an issue, but I thought to ask anyone out there who is a 10X owner (or not) if they have any ideas.
We took it out to the field last week, after not being able to lock it out, maiden-ed a flight, then on the runway afterwards, saw the lockout on the rudder! Airplane is grounded until the issue is solved, so Please!! I need some help here.
Thanks
Ernie