View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 09:25 PM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models 33% ultimate

ORIGINAL: airborneSGT

Hey everyone,

Whats the AUW weight of one of these? Also how many people have tried to 3d one of these? I lost my 33% Extra 260 and was thinking about getting one.
Finally got around to it, digital fish scale says 27 lbs 13 oz AUW. No CF anywhere (yet). Canisters added about a pound, but the LiPos probably saved me another 8-10 ozs.

Got about a dozen+ flights on her now. Got her balanced just a tiny bit aft of recommended, and she's not at all pitch sensitive on the elevators, in fact - wish I had more elevator and will move the CG ever so slightly more aft. She does a terrific blender, and hovers and torque rolls well when there's very little wind. Tried a few harriers/elevators and there's very little wing rock - but to be fair, I didn't have enough elevator to hold a decent harrier. Tried a wall and she didn't snap out of it, but again, need to see what more elevator will do. Can't do much else 3D-wise but I like it! Still have the 26x10 break in prop on her, will switch to a 27x10 MSC 2 blade when it gets here. If I had to do this plane over again, I would've made sure to get at LEAST 45-50 deg throw on the elevators. Wouldn't hurt to get a little more aileron either, but 40 deg is fine for what I do.

Ronbo - if you're still monitoring this thread, this ship will do great IMAC in zero to light wind. We get pretty gusty where I fly and it takes a lot of rudder for this ship to track a straight line. I finally got a chance to fly it in no wind and it was wonderful! If you have a good/great left thumb (assuming you fly the same mode) you will do fine in IMAC with this plane if there's a bit of wind.

Will post again on any weight savings I attempt and how she behaves with the new prop. She pulls out of hover "with authority" but at 27lbs 13 oz will not "rocket", yet!

Next up, waiting on my 34% Extra to arrive... but that's another thread!

Cheers all and happy flying!

DB