RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**
Old 08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
adaptabl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**

ORIGINAL: txaggie08

i just dont think its as good as they claim it is......he makes it sound like its the absolute easiest flying plane in the world. it might fly realy well, and it might be easy enough to fly as a trainer, but i just dunno.

Ill give you a quoted argument against the plane(this from my instructor of about15 yrs experience, and a man whos been flying since the first radio systems came out and before(with control line)) IF its a flatbottom wing, its goingto be harder to land and take off since its A. a taildragger and B. a low wing. the way a flatbottom wing produces lift, having it sitting at an angleis going to force the nose to want to pop off the ground fast and not let the tail come up properly(ive seen it happen with a high wing plane so i know what hes talking about.). If they designed it with a mostly symetrical airfoil, its going to make it harder for the folks who have trouble catching on to correcting themselves out of a bank(wich took me a bi to get used to the degree with my hobbistar, and its only a semi symetrical), and make it harder in general to fly

MAYBE if the released it as airframe only, illd be willing to get one and give it to the club(or loan) so i could get my instructors flying it and see what it was like, but its ridiculous they wont sel it as an ARF, only the RTF.

I think it will be a novell idea, and it MIGHT work,i dunno. I have a feeling its not going to be nearly as smooth as the review described when it gets in the hands of a novice pilot

anyway that my 2 pennies on the subject. im gonna go put my plane together so i can go to the field. HOPEFULY i will get to land tonight .....

Sounds like some of the other old guys that "think" they know everything. Yes he may have 15 years flying. How many flights does he have on the PTS P51? After he flies one I would listen to his opinion until then look for reviews by someone with stick time on that plane. We have an old guy her who said that my Brushless Formosa would be lucky to fly in calm winds. I asked him if he ever flew one. He said he didn't need to because he had flown so many other plans. After he saw a few flights he was eating crow. sounds like your instructor.