RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

mt,

That's not too scary a story- it sounds like you had full control all the way down. And only 1/2 rudder needed with enough power applied to fly the plane around. I hope that the VQ responds as well!

I am still feverishly working on my 'Widow- applied the stars and bars and invasion stripes to the booms this evening. I drew up all the nose art myself a few weeks ago and e-mailed the files to Stan at Cutting Edge Graphics. He promises to have everything to me early next week.

I am taking a 3 days off this weekend and I have 4 days off for the holiday weekend so I should be able to get everything tied up very soon. I think I have all the tricky parts to the assembly worked out and if there are no new surprises the plane may even be ready to maiden by the end of the holiday weekend.

I was hoping to get the plane to Pensacola, but now it looks like I'll be travelling to Europe that Sunday morning (work is getting in the way again!) But maybe I can make it to Warbirds over Carolina at Triple-Tree on the 17th...

Walt