RCU Forums - View Single Post - PPM, PCM ?
Thread: PPM, PCM ?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Gerald Rutten

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PPM, PCM ?

AAouch!!! That must have hurt, sorry to see this Sonnich!

I have made it a policy to never again fly PPM
....hmmmm, my policy since flying with jets is never to fly with PCM again after some experiments back in 1997 when I started jet flying. Of course a lot has changed since, but I also witnessed lots of holes in the ground due to PCM usage. True, PCM should be more bullet-proof, filtering a lot of noise out but if the user went to PCM after experiencing some glitches on PPM he makes a terrible mistake!!! Fact is that there where some disturbances and he now suppresses them, not good!

My rough guess is that I have accumulated around 2000 flights all together on 4 different models and never had a crash related to glitching or lockout. The PPM warns you when there is a problem where PCM doesn´t until it´s too late. Than you can sit back and see how the model goes straight ahead into.......[]

.....and having the failsafe option to shutdown the turbine is a must
All proffesional ECU´s have this already incorporated. I use Orbit and after RC signal lost it automatically shuts the turbine down for me, still having a controllable model thereafter (When there is still some signal available) permitting me to still land the thing.

This is for years a large discusion and for sure has come up here on RCU several times. Curious on how this one goes though

Regards,
Gerald