RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the AMA right for you-us?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 01:37 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is the AMA right for you-us?

ORIGINAL: Tim8o)

Even though this post is a few days old, I would like to add my thought. I have great credit, never screwed anyone, and have been an up-right decent guy. But I don't want to give AMA any money when they are secondary insurance to my home owners. I made sure that my home owners policy covered any incident related to my hobby. For a few extra dollars, I have fantastic coverage through my home owners insurance. So I would most likely never even touch AMA insurance.
OK so you can cover what you might do to someone else. That's good.

But my biggest issue is that the clubs here in S.E. Wisconsin demand that you are AMA or they will lose their charter. So I don't join any clubs. I'm outcasted (not really) as one of those guys. No fun flys, no visiting other folks at different fields etc.

So at $56 for AMA, $25-40 to join a club. The expense of airplane and RCstuff. How is this promoting the sport, and how can a kid even think of getting into it.

Fortunately those persons running those clubs appear to have a much broder perspective than you wish to develop.
Let's say that the clubs did NOT require AMA. Now ol' $am $hyster is a pauper since his multi-$$$ are all set in Trusts, his properties in Life Estates, and other than that super-mach-one demon is all he owns. $am finishes that cool-one and then proceeds to make big holes in ths sky. He overdoes it, that over-stressed ARFie sheds wings, etc., and a rocket-like projectile catches YOUR backbone just above the belt. Now it's wheel-chair time forever. $am has NOTHING. YOU get NOTHING. Whose fault is it? IMO, it's guys like you that have no concept why there are people that do have a concept of a mandatory insurance, one that is known active, being the main point of the Club Charter. ALL are protected. Even in this modeling world, not everyone is such an up-right decent guy as yourself.
Another few bucks just may protect your OWN butt a bit. [>:]