RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the AMA right for you-us?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is the AMA right for you-us?

snip//

If you are injured while engaged in modeling activities by another AMA member, you will be in an adversarial position with him in the legal system, and you darned well better understand going in that AMA's obligation is to back him in defending against your claim that he is liable for your injuries.

//snip//
And your point is ???

Certainly that is what I expect them to do, and same for me should the situation be so.

OTOH, I prefer to have that feeling of security that the other guy has at least some kind of insurance beyond a measly 100,000 yankee dollars home owners', and yes, that small amount is still written today. Some have NONE. An AMA member has SOME.

I also realize that certain securities evaporate in our current fiscal society, such as Defined Benefit Pension plans. Retirees of UAL, AA, DAL, NWA, and Gen. Motors will all be in that line very soon. Yet, as for now, I want the guys around me to have some access to liability insurance and if I get injured, then I will cross that who-done-what bridge when I get to it.

BTW, the trust account that holds the mortgage for my club's facility is a NAMED Insurance holder under AMA.

So, Able, you can well determine your priorities as you so determine. I will do same. My mind will not change for those that run around harping about having to be an AMA member to fly at someone's facility. NO SYMPATHY HERE. [>:]