RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

I didn't get to talk to Lenny this weekend, but did meet a friend at the field today who was at his shop earlier, and he mentioned that Lenny was talking about working on P-61 struts... I'll try to remember to give him a call tomorrow.

Tony has my spinners primed and ready for paint, Stan is ready to print/cut my nose art decals, I got all of my trim painting done this weekend (well almost), and my P-61 is scattered from one end of my basement shop to the other with various "operations" underway.

... no, a 36" long 2-56 rod is not quite long enough for the elevator linkage, but I saw some 40" rods at a LHS Saturday... I need to add spacer blocks to raise the elevator servos up a bit... Bill is ready with all his supplies for custom servo wiring (need to set up a date for the "wiring party" some time this week)...

I am going at it full-bore now. Still have tomorrow off and a 4-day weekend coming up. The wife is being patient 'cause even she can see that the plane is getting close to being finished

Walt