RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Star 60 Build...The Saga Begins
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 AM
jtsails
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Four Star 60 Build...The Saga Begins

MountaineerFan36, RCKen, Bubbagates and everyone else,
I just wanted to express my appreciation for your time and effort in doing this thread. I have been following since the start with great interest. I was in the same boat as MountaineerFan36 as far as wanting to get a Four Star but my LHS had one ARF left which I bought. Following this thread has taught me that building from a kit isn't as monumental a task as it might seem and it inspired me to give it a try also, so I bought a Great Planes RV 4 kit to build. Been working on it for almost two weeks now and have finished the tail structures and the wing and just started the fuseluge, it's going very well!
MountaineerFan36 congrats on the great build, hope you're enjoying flying your four star as much as I am enjoying mine. BTW I had a minor accident the other day, I was playing with putting some expo in the controls and got it set the wrong way. The plane was super twitchy and I ended up having a minor crash on landing. Broke the landing gear mount (easy repair) and cracked the balsa cowl I had made, finished up a new cowl last night and now the plane is air ready again.
james