RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is converting Toro trimmers?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
rollmyown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is converting Toro trimmers?

I had not seen any recommended info on the oil ratio for Toros. I suspected maybe 40:1, but I already had some 32:1 so I tried it. I also guessed a bit more oil wouldn't hurt for break-in. I am surprised a bit at 50:1 because 32:1 runs pretty clean. I did some more work on both engines, the single bbl and the two bbl. The 7500 RPM number for the single bbl is probably not valid and I was surprised that it was not higher. While preparing a larger carb yet to try, I discovered that I had the 14MM carb on wrong, the pump was not working. It was one of those " how in the world did I do that?" deals. I noticed that the needles were not reacting normally, but it did run. Probably because the carb has a 14mm throttle bore and a 3/4" top opening but the venturi is about 3/8" in diameter, so I guess it pulled the fuel in. I will retest that carb and the 5/8" bore carb, I have, which has the same kind of relationship between the bore and venturi. There is a lot to these 2 cycle carbs. I worked over the exhaust opening on the single bbl and reworked all the ports again on the two bbl, now that I found out my idea of opening up the intake manifold for the 2 barrel carb worked out. The throttle response was good, the idle was good, and I now think it will go over 8000 RPMs. 50:1 oil and some break in time will also help. Now I think(?) I can post some photos in another post, so this one doesn't time out.