RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

I have my P-61 all assembled again. Before I pull it back apart once more (maybe for the last time?) here are some pics.

I've got both booms 100% complete now. Engines, tanks, servos, linkage, gear, doors, trim...

I still have some odds and ends to tidy up on the wing assembly and on the main pod, and I also have to complete the wiring. The main reason for assembling the plane this time was to find the balance point before locating the batteries. Even with the YS engines the plane is tail heavy, so the batteries will need to go up front in the nose.

I am getting very good at assembling/disassembling all the pieces- I've done it many dozens of times now... The last pic shows the PVC frame I built to hold and transport the plane. It also comes in handy during assembly/disassembly.

Tony did an outstanding paint job on the spinners!!! Pictures don't do the gloss black finish justice. I'm still waiting for the nose art and other odd decals to arrive. I am very happy with the invasion stripes and I am hoping that the stripes, red wing tips and red trim on the cowls will not only dress the plane up but also help make it a little easier to see... I should find out pretty soon.

Now that everything is about finished I'll take some detail pics of the "inside" of all the parts to show you guys how everything is set up.

Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78586.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	319484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55985.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	319485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38451.jpg
Views:	30