RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sanction Event Rule Clarification
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 03:44 PM
bjdobs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanction Event Rule Clarification

Can someone from MAAC please explain a rule regarding no trainee flights during sanctioned events.

The flying club I belong to held a sanctioned event this weekend ... there was no prior indication that as a member with MACC license, several hours of flying time, an experienced Club Trainer and a buddy box that I would be not allowed to fly during this event ... I was allowed to get my plane checked out plus register for flying but at the point when I asked to schedule a flight time I was told that it was against MACC regulations for trainees to fly during an event. I am wondering if this rule is being misinterpreted? I can fully understand that people just off the street coming out to watch an event like this might want to try flying and that this situation would be potentially dangerous and therefore not allowed. Part of learning to fly, I believe, includes flying with other aircraft included with the additional distractions of such an event. Further with an experienced trainer at the controls for someone who has some flight time, there should be no possibility that the trainee can cause any issues. Possibly there could be some time during an event that can be announced for new flyer's to have an opportunity to fly just so they can gain that experience. I also believe it should be up to the trainer to determine if a trainee is ready to fly under these conditions.