RCU Forums - View Single Post - electrajet
Thread: electrajet
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 04:19 PM
sslandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrajet

Tracy,
I flew it today for the first time. I was in a hurry to get it into the air. The receiver finally came in last night, so today was my first chance and it was too windy(15MPH!). I really had to fly the plane at all times. I hope it was just due to the wind. It also had a tendancy to climb with full throttle and nose down with low throttle. I plan on adding a mix with the elevator to offset this. Mostly had to fly full throttle due to the wind. Set it down nicely despite the wind. Also it was difficult to follow when you get far away. I'm sure I will get used to all this and have a joy flying it. Today I was too nervous to enjoy myself. Next flight will be with less wind and I will try to keep it close to me. About painting, I did sand the top of the plane with 320 grit to get rid of those dimples - BIG MISTAKE! Took many coats to make it look smooth. The unsnaded bottome only took 2 coats and looks much batter. Also wish I would have painted the bottom white for orientation. Have you flown yours outside the house yet?