RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to helicopters long time flyer
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 01:08 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to helicopters long time flyer

Since a LIPO is meant to be charged at 1C or less (A 1:1 ratio with the batteries capacity, e.g 2200 MAH battery should be charged at no more than 2.2 amps) They all take roughly 1 hour to charge.

As for good batteries, I can reccomend this here:
http://www.xushobby.com/

They aren't brand name batteries, however, my personal experience has been extremely good with them. The batteries feel well made and the quality really does feel good. The seller is very helpful and friendly aswell. They also ship from the US, not over-seas. The only real snag is that they don't come with connectors, you need to equip your own, which is actaully good, since I didn't want some crappy JST connector when i've got deans on everything else.

I personally use the 2200 MAH 7.4 batteries with my micro fixed pitch. I can get about 15 - 20 minutes depending on how I push it. I also use the batteries in my GWS Parkflyers. Really great batteries, and they cost me half the price of what brand name (electrifly) batteries do, even when US funds are converted to Canadian. The kicker is, they perform better, too.

However..
You WILL NEED A PROPER CHARGER! I can't stress that enough, if you want to go LIPO, get a REAL LIPO charger, not the cheap plug in the wall pack jobbies. Lipos are dangerous batteries, and you don't want them to burst into flames because of a cheap wall wort charger. There's some good LIPO only AC/DC chargers available, or if you've got the cash, get something that'll do them all, like the triton charger.