RCU Forums - View Single Post - Zenoah G-62 or DA 50
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah G-62 or DA 50

Horizon is NOT the manufacturer, Komatsu Zenoah is.. If someone talked to the manufacturer they would have had to call Zenoah in Japan......Horizon was just in the right place at the right time to get the exclusive rights to the line...ISC International owned the rights to Zenoah engines before Horizon Hobbies..I asked Jim Goad, the owner of ISC, if conversion to CD ignition would void the warranty..He said no..
Horizon might be different...I have seen very few G62 engines in 18 years that needed any warranty....The warranty on my conversion is lifetime, much longer than the warranty on the engine itself...The only cutting involved is the mount for the source coil on the front of the crankcase...I install a much better carb insulator block than the leaky stock part...The ignition coil is retained...There is NOTHING involved with a conversion that could possibly cause any problem with any part of the engine...If Horizon won't warranty an engine problem on a converted engine they're just using that for an excuse...IMO
FWIW...I have been buying Zenoah engines for 18 years...Only problem I ever saw was years ago when they changed the cylinder casting...There was a thin spot under the intake port that opened up into the port, causing a pulse leak...All the leaky cylinders were replaced at no charge to the customer...Once in a great while a small 1/8" piece of the case gasket will end up inside the case..Won't hurt anything....Haven't seen any of those in years....
Horizon is violating its own rule..The leaky phenolic carb insulator blocks are not from the chainsaw cylinders used on the G62, they're made somewhere else..Is that an alteration ?