RCU Forums - View Single Post - Zenoah G-62 or DA 50
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 06:49 PM
HighRoller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah G-62 or DA 50

Point taken, However as far as I know Horizon IS the main distributor and service center for the USA. One would think they would know the Warranty issues. I am not implying that there is anything wrong with the conversions, or that it is harmful to the engine. I am merely stating facts that I was given by the manufacturers representive. But if we are going there, lets look at the meat of the situation. The fact that Zenoahs benifit from the conversions, are because they are manufactured without electronic ignition DA,s however are . So calculate the cost of the engine, the ignition system, the labor, the shipping, as well as the down time, and you are priced right with DA. so in conclusion I wonder if Horizon, (a Great Company in my opinion) tells me that if I modify my engine it will void my warranty, and I do it anyway and then a problem unrelated to the modification where do I get service, Japan ? I also agree that Zenoahs are great engines with a great tract record, but that does not mean that a problem will never arise. I am a great driver and have a great driving record but that don't mean I couldn't have an incident tomorrow. No disrespect intended, I have flown a plane with the conversion on it and it ran great. I would consider having it installed on mine ,but not untill I know that the engine can survive most of its warranty. Thanks for all you do