RCU Forums - View Single Post - who is the youngest HELICOPTER flyer?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:35 AM
corey19981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who is the youngest HELICOPTER flyer?

dang... first every crash :-(

flew it outside just like any other time, it was absoultely incredibly windless, and all of the sudden a massive gust came, it flew real fast, so I somehow landed it kinda like a plane, and it wasn't too bad, just a bad crash landing. next fly, I was in mid air, and all of the sudden the vibrations of the blade rattled off the cable ties of the training gear (ping pong balls attached to stick for crash landings I use when I fly outside), and it was hanging by the two rear cable ties (the the rear of the skids), then the other one came off, so I'm like hovering with this traning gear hanging by one cable tie! I kept it hovering for a minute, trying to figure out how I'm going to land this thing, so I done what was best, and tried. SMASH!! into the ground go the helicopter, nose down! the blades pierced into the ground, and luckily folded up instead of breaking. the battery had fallen out, the plastic canopy thing was crumpled, so now I use my other one, and the piccoboard came off, so I had to put that back on. a new swashplate is on it's way from ebay, replacing the majorly distorted and crumpled original one.

Corey