RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:35 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre

Hi everyone, There are no threads on this model yet and i figured i'd start one. If anyone has any feedback and information on this very promising model feel free to post it here.

I ordered mine a week ago and should have it any day now. I will probably have a mouthfull to say about it when i do. I'll try to post some pics of the build.

Can you paint depron? i was planning on using the paint i used on my fomosa (faskolor paint for lexan, flexible, water based, light when dry, can be airbrushed or plain old brushed/sponged on)

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=451

Stock was 70 a week ago, 65 as of today according to their website.

Why i'm excited about this plane; It claims to be a fast pattern plane And a light and maneuverable 3d plane, thank's to depron's low weight and high stiffness. And i wanted a depron plane but not one of those flat ones with no airfoil. On top of looking better this allows for much better flight characteristics. It also promises to fly steady even in winds wich is a plus.

here are the electronics i selected for the job;

hitec's new 5 channel rx 9 grams 1 mile + range
hitec hs-50's
tp pro lite 1320mah 3 cell
cc phoenix25 esc

motor; now this will change when i find a better 3d motor (larger prop, lower rpm) but for now i will use a bp21 outrunner with apc e 8x4 prop. 21oz thrust. It should be ballistic but hovering will be difficult. If i have any luck in my research or testing done with this motor i might try to use a 2 cell 1320, shedding an ounce, and spin a larger prop at lower rpm, maintaining load and thrust at acceptable levels. this would mean by changing prop and pack i could have a full out light 3d plane and a very fast, still very light pattern plane.