RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre

I got it today, took it home, openned the box; (not happy)

it ships in a bag, the roll of decals, that weighs 120 grams, is loose in the bag, and since postal guys don't understand the meaning of fragile the rudder and cowl are badly damaged by the intertia of the roll of decals moving around. I was able to repair most of the damage, cosmetic flaws remain.

The plane's flimsy, hand cut parts lack precision and the instructions are not too clear on what adhesives to use ( they mention UHU about 10 times, uhu is a brand name not an adhesive type, UHU makes at least 10 different kinds of adhesives) But once you glue everything together it becomes very stiff. I am using epoxy. Sparingly applied with a toothpic.

you couldn't tell on the website pictures but the plane ships with every "molded" part split down the middle, somehow i'm suposed to be able to glue all these seams flawlessly. well they are only 1mm thick and the 2 fuse halves are not even close to fitting together, there are 1mm to 5mm gaps all around the fuse, it needs a bit of tlc to fit nicely. i"ll post some pics i'm snapping as i go along later.